Deep, Dark Secrets?

     I told my mom that most of my blog contains posts that say "I haven't posted in a while" or "I'm obsessed with music" or "I'm tired" .

     She responded by asking me what I would like to read if I was reading the blog of another girl my age. Well of course I would want to read all of her juiciest, deepest, darkest secrets. (I just love deep, dark secrets. Mwahahahahahahaha).

     That's what I'd like to read and I'm sure you all would too. But no, I'm not putting out all of my secrets on the world wide web. And besides, most of my readers are probably people I know so that's awkward. And my mom previews all my posts before I post them so again, even more awkward.

    Oh yes, something funny to talk about. Awkward. If you were to ask one of my close friends what my favorite word (or the word I say the most) they would, beyond a shadow of a doubt, say awkward. When I'm with my friends, I say awkward a lot. I'm in the teenager stage where EVERYTHING is awkward. Walking. Talking. Eating. Sneezing.

     And I'm sure that when you clicked on my blog and saw the title, "Deep, Dark Secrets" that you were at once intrigued. I better not disappoint you.

      I'm about to tell you an awkward, coincidental, and probably funny story. At least it's funny to me. And although it's awkward, it holds no power over me so it's not exactly deep and dark. Anyway, here goes.

      The story starts in kindergarten. In kindergarten, I used to attend a one-day-a-week school for homeschoolers. In this class there was this boy named Seth. I could be getting this story slightly off but bear with me.

     At some point during my kindergarten year - I'm guessing it was the end of the year - he and I were talking to each other and we were like, "Some day, when I grow up, I'm going to go into the world and find you and marry you." (Awkward, I know). What was I thinking? I don't even think I understood the concept of having a crush. I sure seemed to be jumping way ahead.

     I don't know if he was in my class the next year or the next. (By the way, I quit going there halfway through second grade). Anyway I forgot about him and lived my life like a normal, dopey elementary schooler.

     Then, when I was either nine or ten, I started going to this homeschool P.E.

    Oh and side note: I loathed that P.E. WRETCHED HORRIBLE HORRIBLE PE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Guess what? There was a Seth in my class. I did that P.E. for about two years I think. Silly me, I had no idea that it was that Seth.

    And then we quit that P.E. and I was so happy. So again, living my life. La la la.

     And then, two years ago I did a play (with the current theater organization that I do now). There he was again. We did Wind in the Willows and he was "Badger" and I was "Water Rat". But this time I recognized him from P.E. So we had our play, cast party, and all too soon, it was over. He hasn't done that theater since and I have never seen him again.

    Now, this is kind of an unfinished story, don't you think?

    Earlier this year, we had some friends of ours over and these friends had also done the one-day-a-week school. In fact, they still do. So one of them was asking about my poster from my plays and I mentioned how some of the kids from the one-day-a-week school did my plays and I was asking about which people still went to the school.

     Seth was mentioned. Click. "Oh, so that was the same Seth that went to the school." Even though it clicked that he was the Seth I had gone to school with, the full thing hadn't yet clicked.

    Just a couple of months ago, I finally made the connection that THAT WAS THE SETH I SAID I WOULD GO OUT INTO THE WORLD LATER IN LIFE AND FIND AND MARRY AND I SAW HIM AGAIN TWICE.  AND HADN'T REALIZED IT!!!!!

    Something tells me there's a good possibility that I will see him again in life. I will laugh if I marry him.

     But nah, let's hope that doesn't happen.

    The real question is this: What am I going to do if I see him again now having all this knowledge about our past? Or………What if he's reading this blog post right now!!!!!!!!

Comments

  1. Let me just say: YOU ARE SO INTERESTING AND HILARIOUS! I love ur blog! It’s so amazing! 💛💛🌺

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This Is For Real